Since 1983. “Award-winning news coverage that makes a difference.”
Put Your Hard Earned Ad Dollars in a Community Newspaper with a Proven Track Record.
• A 37-year history of local award-winning news coverage that makes a difference in the lives of our readers.
• A loyal following among our readership that is second to none in the city. We challenge you to find a community newspaper that is more widely read and picked-up so quickly on distribution day. Check us out the first Friday of each month!
• Award-winning news and features about Chicago’s most exciting neighborhoods.
• A circulation of 15,000 copies in more than 700 strategically placed locations and a guaranteed source of foot traffic for new advertisers.
• Four Peter J. Lisagor Awards for Journalistic Excellence from the Chicago Headline Club and the Chicago Society of Professional Journalists.
• Forty-four International APEX Awards from Communications Concepts, Inc., of Washington, D.C. and ten awards from the Illinois Woman’s Press Association.
• The Bernadine C. Washington Media Award from the City of Chicago Commission on Human Relations for building bridges in our diverse communities.
• McKinley Foundation Social Justice Award.
• Independently owned and operated since 1983, and led by an editor and publisher with life-long roots in this community.
Our Numbers Add Up and Yours Will Too!
• Accepted formats: Adobe PDF (.pdf), Adobe Illustrator (.ai), Adobe InDesign (.indd)
• Specifications: 300 DPI, CMYK, all fonts outlined, all images imbedded.
• 10% frequency discount applied after the fourth paid consecutive ad.
• 15% discount recognized advertising agencies on print-ready material.
• Payment in advance required on first-time advertising buys.
• All Checks must be made payable to Gazette Chicago. A 10% late fee may be added to all payments not received within 30 days of billing.
Frequency: Gazette Chicago is published on the first Friday of each month.
Closing Dates: Advertising space must be reserved by 5 p.m. on the Friday deadline date. All ads must be received at our office by 5 p.m. on the Friday deadline date.
Ad Cancellation: If advertisers fail to produce copy in time to meet our production deadlines, they must pay for the space reserved. Advertisers who do not fulfill their frequency rate commission will be rebilled at the rate closest to actual use.
Labeling of Ads: Any advertisement resembling editorial copy will, at the discretion of the publisher, be labeled as an ad. The word “advertisement” will be inserted in the ad.
Publishers Rights: The publisher reserves the right to refuse any advertisement that in his opinion is unethical, makes extravagant claims, misrepresents, is unfair or harmful to other advertisers, or violates U.S. currency regulations.
Advertising Rights Reserved: No advertisement in Gazette Chicago may be copied, reproduced, or transmitted by any means, including but not limited to, electronic and mechanical, without written permission of the publisher of Gazette Chicago.